The most violent weapon on earth is the table fork.
-Mahatma Gandhi


Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin


400949_GaneshMall.com-Culture Infused Living: Home Accents, Jewelry, and accessories from around the world!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Get Skinny Staples. Lazy Wives & instagram Quinoa & Veggies lunch. Links to BPA's and Obesity, Vegan Sukha Mattar Paneer, Vegan Beyond Meat Chicken Shockingly real, 82 year old Nuns & security breaches.

Our instagram lunch.
Lazy Wives Club.  Quinoa & Veggies.

Yes, I have every raw recipe book on the planet, nearly.  Yes, I have a shelf of vegetarian/vegan cookbooks.  No, in general, I don't use them.  Other than the Indian Cookbooks (because I don't have the experience/background to improvise wisely on those), it seems that I simply cannot or will not, follow a recipe.  I used to spend hours pouring over books & then make lengthy lists to have exact ingredients.  Now it's basics.  So used to eating a lot of raw food that when I do make cooked food, it is as simple as it gets.  So this is one example.  Which could either be all raw, all cooked, a mixture, and whatever veggies you want.

Hubby's GoTo sauce.  He used to buy the traditional brand of Sriracha, but I would never eat that.  I rarely sneak this either, because I hate that it is in plastic.  But it is delicious & made by Organicville & very expensive for Sriracha.  "Regular" sriracha also comes in plastic AND has Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite, and Xanthan Gum.  I am just tired of plastic, BPA's and places putting sht that isn't food, into food.  Just tired of it.  Not like I am a major fan of a** cleansing, so I try not to put too much stuff in my body that requires heavy duty cleaning to get out-if it even comes out.  Heard somewhere that Plastic can make you fat too....So if health isn't a scare, you know I don't want to eat something that encourages fat POST 40!


Yes, I have a Salad Shooter.  But it means I can make raw beet, apple & carrot chips like this!




Presto Salad Shooter Electric Slicer/Shredder

 Quinoa & Veggies.  1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups water in a pot. Bring to boil.  Then cover & simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.  Fluff with a fork.  I grated carrots in the Salad Shooter, cut up dates, red peppers from the garden, 2 hot peppers.  Steamed one bag broccoli and one bag asparagus.  Then I mix it all together.  The only seasoning I put on mine was a small amount of sea salt & a fair amount of cayenne.  Hubby uses sriracha.  And that's it! Of course you could put anything to season, onions, garlic, pepper, no salt seasoning blends, herbs de Provence, sesame seeds or oil.  I just served as is, a mixture of hot & cold.  But it's great all cold.  I prefer to make these things all raw, but I generally don't have quinoa sprouting, and if I do, then I manage to forget it and let it get moldy.  Quinoa is a fabulous gluten free, high protein food.


  • Quinoa
  • Dates
  • Asparagus
  • Hot Peppers
  • Red Sweet Peppers
  • Broccoli
  • Grated Carrots
  • Cayenne Pepper/Sriracha sauce for flavor.


To do it all raw I would have had sprouted quinoa.  Soak & then sprout until there are "tails".  And I would have the same raw grated carrots, dates, red peppers & hot peppers.  For the broccoli you can put in food processor or cut finely.  Asparagus, the same way.  However, the broccoli is just to fill up.  For the broccoli to pull it's guns out, (according to current studies), it needs to either be eaten raw.  Or it needs to be chopped up, let sit out for about 40 minutes, and then cook.  So who does that, right?  So sprouts are where it's at for cost/benefit value & broccoli.  

No comments:

Post a Comment